Thursday 21 November 2013

Ashley Ricci - NYPD

Well, Belfast was a blast! The highlight of my experience was being able to play with athletes from across the world; I played Women's Rugby 7s and our team was made up from a compilation of different countries. We had players from the US; from California and Rochester, but we also had two Australian players, two Dutch players and one player from Northern Ireland. 

Our teammate from Northern Ireland played locally at Carrickfergus Rugby Club and organised a friendly match there for Team Canada, so I got a chance to play a local team as well as play in the Games which was a very cool bonus!

I was able to grab some sightseeing in between all the rugby. I went to Bushmills Whiskey Distillery and had a great time there! Other than that, I played a ton and took home the Bronze medal in rugby!

Now that I am back home, I am trying to build a program for NYPD women's rugby to enter a team in the next Games! 

1 comment: